Monday, December 6, 2010

Milk & cookies

I didn´t write anything during last week but it doesn´t mean I did nothing. I cooked a little bit and prepared fantastic and natural washing-up liquid! So these days I will put new recipes that I hope you like but also some music, news, something to read.

Ok, so we have winter here in Poland and everything has turned completely white, and when it´s so cold I love drink a glass of warm vegan milk and cookies! I think it tastes much better if you prepare it by yourself. So check this out.


Coconut milk
1 cup grated or desiccated coconut
3-4 cups water
1 cup soy milk (optional)

Soak the grated coconut for about 2 hours. Add remaining water and a little of soy milk if you prefer the stronger texture. Grind all together for a few minutes. You will notice some strange dense foam on the surface of your milk, but don't be afraid it´s only coconut cream! Do throw it away, you can use it for some desserts, sauces and soups. You have to pick it up anyway because it´s pure fat :)

Now if our mil has a regular milk consistency, you can strain it to remove the coconut that we don´t need any longer, unless you want to drink it as well, for example with cereals, The milk should me use during 4-5 days because it spoils quickly. My milk looks like this:

I don´t throw away things that I might use it the future, so after making a milk I decided to prepare coconut oat cookies recycling the leftover coconut.


Coconut oatmeal cookies 

Dry ingredients:
5 cups oatmeal
1 cup wheat bran (optional)
1/2 cup flour
1/2 cup grated coconut (new)
1/3 cup sesame seeds (optional)

Ingregdients to grind:
the reamins of coconut soaked
1/2 brown sugar
3/4 cup water
1/4 cup oil (I used olive oil)
1 teaspoon salt

First mix the dry ingredients in a large bowl. Then we grind the other igredients and add to the dry part and mix well again. Shape into cookies about 1cm thick and put on the baking tray well greased. Bake in oven about 40 minutes at 200ºC - until get gold color.


No comments:

Post a Comment